Windows 10 comes with a new set of default settings that can be configured using the ADMX templates. These templates are stored in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions and can be installed by running the following command from an elevated Command Prompt:
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related subjects. His primary emphasis is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
- New Windows 11 ADMX templates have been published by Microsoft, which extend the Group Policy Editor’s options.
- The most recent Windows 11 ADMX file is available through the Microsoft Download Center.
- A reference spreadsheet for Windows 11 Group Policy templates is also available, which covers all of the policy settings and what they perform.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The Group Policy Editor is a management tool included in the Windows Pro and Enterprise versions. It’s a tool that lets users change a variety of Windows settings included in Group Policy Objects.
The Group Policy Editor settings in Windows 11 are the same as they were in Windows 10. Group Policy Windows 11 ADMX (administration) templates are now available for download, thanks to Microsoft’s official release.
The most recent admin templates work with Windows 11, 10, and 7, as well as server systems.
The templates are defined in the October 2021 Update [21H2] file for ADMX Templates for Windows 11. You may get those templates by following the steps described below.
What options do I have for configuring administrative templates?
Group Policy Editor’s administrative templates are sets of settings. Within the Group Policy Editor window, you may customize their settings by going to Computer Configuration and User Configuration. All registry modifications policy choices are specified in ADMX files.
The Group Policy Editor in Windows 11 has a number of new policy options. You may customize different features on the newest platform using those choices.
You’ll need to install the templates for them using the Windows 11 ADMX installer file to update GPE with those new settings.
How can I get the ADMX templates for Windows 11 to work?
1. Save the ADMX templates to your computer.
- In a web browser, go to the ADMX Templates download page.
- To download, click the Download button.
- On the Save as box, choose a location for the file to be downloaded to.
- Save your work by using the Save button.
2. Download and install the ADMX templates.
- To open File Explorer, first click the folder icon on Windows 11’s taskbar.
- Open the location where the Windows 11 ADMX file was obtained.
- To access the setup wizard, double-click the Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 11 October 2021 Update.msi file.
- To continue, use the Next button.
- Check the box that says “I accept the terms of the licensing agreement.”
- Then choose the Next option.
- To change the default location, do not use the Browse button. To install to the selected default folder location, choose the Next option.
- After that, click the Install button.
- If any UAC confirmation prompts appear, choose Yes.
- After installing the admin templates, click Finish to leave the setup process.
- Finally, click Restart after selecting the Power Start menu option.
How can I get the Group Policy Editor XLSX reference spreadsheet?
For the Windows 11 October 2021 Update (21H2) Group Policy settings, there’s also an XLSX reference spreadsheet. This spreadsheet contains a list of all the Group Policy options available in Windows 11 along with extra information for each. This is the link to download and see the file:
- To begin, go to the download page for the Group Policy settings spreadsheet on your browser.
- On that screen, choose the Download option.
- After that, choose a location to store the spreadsheet XLSX file.
- On the window, click Save.
- Use the Windows key + E keyboard shortcut or the File Explorer taskbar button to open File Explorer.
- Open the spreadsheet with the Group Policy settings in the folder.
- Then open the XLSX file with your usual spreadsheet program by double-clicking it.
The spreadsheet shown below will open when you double-click the XLSX file. Its Administrative Templates page has a list of over 4,000 Group Policy settings that may be customized using the GPE tool. The following are the new policies in Windows 11 21H2:
What is the procedure for launching Group Policy Editor and configuring the settings?
- To launch that accessory, right-click the Start menu in Windows 11 and choose Run.
- In the Open box in Run, type gpedit.msc.
- Then click OK to open the Group Policy Editor window, which looks like this:
- Double-click Computer Configuration or User Configuration after that.
- Within the GPE window, choose a Group Policy Object.
- Then, to bring up a window like the one below, double-click a setting:
- To switch the setting on or off, choose Enabled or Disabled from the drop-down menu. To preserve the updated policy setting, make sure you click Apply.
Remember that Group Policy Editor is not available in Windows 11 Home. However, a batch file may be used to install it on the Home edition. Details on how to install Group Policy Editor on Windows 10 Home may be found in our tutorial.
Overall, Group Policy Editor is a useful feature that many people miss. You may make a number of modifications to Windows 11 using its configuration options. As a result, it’s worth looking into that utility to see what you can accomplish with it.
Group Policy Editor will contain all of the newest Windows 11 policy settings after downloading and installing the updated ADMX templates. Users may now customize the Start menu, taskbar, printer, and Windows Sandbox, among other things, using the newest GPE settings.
Please let us know if you were successful in installing the ADMX templates for Windows 11 in the comments section below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.